Brandon Drury scored all three runs for the Blue Jays in a 4-3 loss to the Giants
- The Blue Jays opened the scoring in the top of the 1st as Freddy Glavis doubled home Brandon Drury
- The Giants tied it in the bottom half of the inning on a double by Pablo Sandoval that scored Joe Panik
- The Giants took the lead in the bottom of the 2nd as Aramis Garcia cracked a two-run shot to right-center also scoring Kevin Pillar
- The Blue Jays got one back in the top of the 3rd as Drury scored on a wild pitch by Shaun Anderson
- The Blue Jays tied the game in the top of the 5th as Drury scored on a groundout by Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- Shaun Anderson pitching line: 5IP 2H 3R (2 earned) 3BB 5K 96 pitches (64 for strikes)
- Edwin Jackson pitching line: 5IP 6H 3R (2 earned) 1BB 2K 77 pitches (47 for strikes)
- The Giants retook the lead in the bottom of the 6th as Brandon Crawford smacked an opposite field shot to left-centter
- Will Smith pitched a perfect 9th for his 11th save of the season
- Final score: Giants 4 Blue Jays 3
- Edwin Jackson battled his way through 6 innings, giving up 3 runs (2 earned) on 6 hits and a walk. He also hit the first batter he faced. To me, if the Blue Jays can consistently get 5 or 6 innings out of Jackson, they will be in better shape than having many bullpen days Jackson should be in line to starter the opener of the series vs. the Red Sox.
- Brandon Drury was a scoring machine today, scoring all three runs for the Blue Jays
- Teoscar Hernandez is surely running out of chances. He struck out 4 times today, killing one rally.
- The Blue Jays were unable to take advantage of three Giants errors
- Up next, the Blue Jays head to Chicago to start a 4-game series vs. the White Sox. Marcus Stroman gets the start in the opener against White Sox righty Dylan Covey