Mike Trout was 2-4 with a pair of runs scored and an RBI as the Angels defeated the Blue Jays 6-2 to complete the series sweep
- The Angels opened the scoring in the bottom of the 2nd as Kole Calhoun whacked a 2-run blast over the wall in right-center; also scoring Albert Pujols
- The Angels added a run in the bottom of the 4th off a bases loaded walk by Kevan Smith that forced in Andrelton Simmons
- The Angels added a pair of runs in the bottom of the 4th as Simmons singled to right scoring Mike Trout and Brian Goodwin. Alen Hanson got an error on the play as the ball skidded under his glove
- The Blue Jays got on the board in the top of the fifth as Brandon Drury scored on a groundout by Teoscar Hernandez
- Aaron Sanchez pitching line: 4IP 9H 5R (4 earned) 2BB 2K 89 pitches (54 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays got another run back in the top of the 6th as Randal Grichuk doubled home Eric Sogard
- The Angels added a run in the bottom half of the inning as Trout crushed a solo blast to straightaway center
- Tyler Skaggs pitrching line: 6IP 4H 2R (both earned) 3BB 5K 98 pitches (63 for strikes)
- Final Score: Angels 6 Blue Jays 2
- Aaron Sanchez was lit up to the tune of five runs on nine hits and a pair of walks over 4 innings. Sanchez simply didn't have his best stuff today.
- The meat of the Angels lineup did the damage offensively with Mike Trout, Brian Goodwin, Andrelton Simmons and Albert Pujols combining to score 5 of the Angels 6 runs and accounted for 9 of the 11 hits tonight.
- If there's a small silver lining, Albert Pujols did not reach the 2000 RBI milestone this series. He will have to try again in two days when the Angels meet division rivals Houston Astros in Mexico. By the way, I think it's great for the game of baseball that they play games in international cities. The NHL, NBA, and NFL have already been doing this. Obviously logistics and travel make it difficult to arrange these games during the regular season.
- Smart move by Charlie Montoyo sitting Vlad Guerrero Junior tonight. He's had a whirlwind week and he needs a day to chill. Plus he can pick things up from the bench wanting his teammates compete.
- Up next, the Blue Jays travel to Texas for a weekend series against the Rangers. It will be a bit of a home coming for Guerrero as his father played a season in Texas towards the end of his career. Trent Thornton will get another opportunity for his first career victory. The Rangers will counter with seasoned veteran lefty Mike Minor.