Rowdy Tellez was 2-3 with a walk and broke the perfect game, no-hitter and shutout with one swing of the bat as the Blue Jays fell to the Angels 6-3
- The Angels opened the scoring in the bottom of the 1st as Tommy La Stella scored on a sac fly by Albert Pujols
- Luke Bard pitching line: 1IP 0H 0R 0BB 2K 19 pitches (11 for strikes)
- The Angels added a run in the bottom of the 4th on a bases loaded walk by La Stella that forced in Kole Calhoun
- A batter later, Mike Trout doubled scoring La Stella, Jonathan Lucroy and Justin Bour
- Marcus Stroman pitching line: 3.1IP 6H 5R (4 earned) 2BB 3K 91 pitches (57 for strikes)
- Rowdy Tellez broke the perfect game, no-hitter and shutout leading off the top of the 5th, crushing a no-doubter to right-center
- The Angels added a run in the bottom half of the inning as Calhoun doubled home Pujols
- The Blue Jays got a pair back in the top of the 6th as Randal Grichuk roped a line drive just inside the foul pole in left, also scoring Danny Jansen
- Ty Buttrey pitched 2 scoreless innings for his 1st save of the season
- Final score: Angels 6 Blue Jays 3
- Rough start for Marcus Stroman. He gave up five runs on 6 hits and a pair of walks over 3.1 innings. Stroman got into two bases loaded jams. In the 1st inning, Stroman escaped the jam allowing just one run. In the 4th inning, Stroman didn't get so lucky, walking in a run and allowing a bases-clearing double to Mike Trout. Stroman will surely bounce back in his next start.
- This was not a game you'd want to show a group of young baseball players on how to field a ball. Both teams booted ground balls. There were five errors between the two teams, including one by Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- Up next, the Blue Jays look to avoid the series sweep and also prevent Albert Pujols from reaching the 2000 RBI milestone. Aaron Sanchez takes the ball to start this one against lefty Tyler Skaggs. Will Charlie Montoyo shift Vladimir Guerrero Jr. to the #2 hole in the lineup? It might get him better pitches to hit.