Tim Anderson cranked a three-run shot to dead center as the White Sox beat the Blue Jays 5-1
- The Blue Jays opened the scoring in the bottom of the 1st as Rowdy Tellez singled home Freddy Galvis
- The White Sox took the lead in the top of the 4th as Yonder Alonso smashed a 2-run bomb to right-center; also scoring Jose Abreu
- Three batters later, Tim Anderson whacked a three run jack to dead center; also scoring James McCann and Charlie Tilson
- Aaron Sanchez pitching line: 6IP 9H 5R (all earned) 2BB 11K 103 pitches (66 for strikes)
- Lucas Giolito pitching line: 7IP 4H 1R (earned) 1BB 8K 105 pitches (69 for strikes)
- Final score: White Sox 5 Blue Jays 1
- Aaron Sanchez had an encouraging start where he had 11 strikeouts. Sanchez had one brutal inning in the 4th where he was lit up for 5 runs on 5 hits and a hit batter. He got the first 6 batters of the game, including 5 strikeouts in a row. The extra inning he threw when he was at 90+ pitches could be huge with the Blue Jays facing 16 straight days without an off-day after an off-day/travel day tomorrow.
- Not much to say about the offence today. After three of the first four batters reached safely, the Blue Jays had a grand total of 2 base runners the final 8 innings (a lead-off single in the second by Teoscar Hernandez and a lead-off walk to Randal Grichuk in the 4th).
- As scary moment in the bottom of the 3rd when White Sox outfielder Leury Garcia stayed down after crashing into the scoreboard making a running catch. Garcia was lifted for a pinch hitter the next inning.
- One of the few highlights defensively today was Danny Jansen throwing out 2 White Sox base runners. He has quietly turned into a solid player defensively. Credit to Russell Martin, who did a great job mentoring him when he came up in August.
- Up next, after an off-day/travel day tomorrow, the Blue Jays open a two-game set against the San Francisco Giants. It will be the first road interleague action of the season. Trent Thornton will make his 9th attempt at his first career win. The Giants will counter with righty Tyler Beede, who is coming off an 8-run shellacking in his last start.