Wednesday, May 22, 2019 | 7:07 pm
Rogers Centre | Toronto, Ontario
Rick Porcello (3-4, 4.80, 1.40) vs. Aaron Sanchez (3-4, 3.88, 1.51)
The Blue Jays and the Red Sox have taken turns winning in routs after The Rowdy Show took over in game two of a four-game series between these two. Tonight, the Jays look to keep crushing the ball in an attempt to take attention away from Victoria Day-gate and keep it on the ball field.
Aaron Sanchez takes the ball tonight as he looks to keep his fingernails from going *splooge* all over the place. He'll face off against Rick Porcello.
Ryan Tepera has gone to get his shoulder impingement looked at by a specialist. No word yet if it's something more serious (i.e. TJ surgery) or if it'll turn out to be relatively minor. Stay tuned.
Ben Revere has been released from his minor league contract - the team told him they didn't have any immediate plans for him, so they wanted to give him a chance to latch on somewhere. Adieu, Ben.
Two birthday boys today:
Two birthdays, one special day! 🎂🥳— Toronto Blue Jays (@BlueJays) May 22, 2019
RT to wish @EricSogard and Sammy G very happy birthdays! pic.twitter.com/uols5xslCK
BLUE JAYS HISTORY:
Inspired by a post in yesterday's game thread... today's one-time Blue Jay of the day is ... Pete Vuckovich!
Years as a Jay: 1977
Stats as a Jay: 7-7, 8 saves, 3.47 ERA, 1.365 whip, 123 K in 148 IP
Alter-ego: Clu Haywood
- Serbian background
- Went to Clarion University in Pennsylvania
- Drafted by the White Sox in the 3rd round in 1974 and debuted in the bigs a year later
- After his stint with the Jays, he pitched for the Cardinals for three years before moving on to the Brewers for five seasons where he had his greatest success
- Won the 1982 AL Cy Young Award with a 18-6, 3.34 ERA record, which in hindsight was a terrible vote as Dave Stieb, for one, had a far better season (7.6 bWAR and 138 ERA+ in 38 starts and 288 IP vs. 2.8 bWAR and 114 ERA+ in 30 starts and 223 IP). Cy Young award winners should never have a WHIP of 1.502
- Was well-known for his odd behaviour on the mound - he'd often fidget, twitch, pace the mound, stick out his tongue at batters and cross his eyes, among other strange behaviours
- Also well-known for a brief acting career, starring as Clu Haywood in Major League
This is your "Let the Victoria Day-gate drama cease" game threat