Martin Perez threw seven shutout innings as the Twins shutout the Blue Jays 8-0
- The Twins opened the scoring in the top of the 1st as Jorge Polanco scored on a ground out by Eddie Rosario
- The Twins added a pair of runs in the top of the 2nd as Jason Castro hammered a 2-run bomb to the upper deck in right also scoring Jonathan Schoop
- The Twins added a run in the top of the 4th as Marwin Gonzalez scored on a ground out by Castro
- A batter later, Byron Buxton hit a ground-rule double scoring Schoop
- The Twins added a run in the top of the 5th as Rosario launched a moonshot to straightaway center
- Marcus Stroman pitching line: 4.2IP 8H 6R (5 earned) 2BB 2K 71 pitches (45 for strikes)
- The Twins added a run in the top of the 7th as Polanco bashed a solo shot to straightaway center
- Martin Perez pitching line: 7IP 2H 0R 2BB 9K 102 pitches (66 for strikes)
- The Twins added a run in the top of the 9th as Jake Cave scored on a sac fly by Rosario
- Final score: Twins 8 Blue Jays 0
- Another rough outing by Marcus Stroman, who got no help from the defense or the umpires. The umpiring was downright atrocious with several strikeouts called that were a good foot outside the strike zone. This was perhaps the most gullible umpire I've seen in some time. A lot of times catchers will bring balls back into the strike zone and this umpire was calling the strikeouts. Stroman was lit up for 6 runs on 8 hits and a pair of walks. His command wasn't great today and the Twins made him pay for his mistakes.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. might have had the worst outing of his young career. He booted a pair of balls in the field, struck out looking twice and grounded into an inning-ending double play. I still think it might be a good idea to move him down in the order to take some of the pressure off him.
- Charlie Montoyo was ejected in the top of the 6th for arguing balls and strikes on a blatantly bad call. Brandon Drury was called out on strikes on a ball that was literally at his feet. The good thing is the umpire was consistently bad for both teams, not particularly favoring one team over the other.
- Up next, the Blue Jays look to snap the three game losing streak. Aaron Sanchez needs to pitch deep in the game. Righty Jose Berros will start for the Twins. Brandon Drury is the only Blue Jay to have any success against Berros, with 1 hit in 2 AB.