DJ Stewart scored both Orioles runs, one off a towering solo HR as the Orioles edged the Blue Jays 2-1
- The Orioles took the lead in the bottom of the 3rd as DJ Stewart hit a solo HR to right off the foul pole
- Jimmy Yacabonis pitching line: 4IP 2H 0R 1BB 4K 64 pitches (39 for strikes)
- Marco Estrada pitching line: 6IP 4H 1R (earned) 1BB 5K 98 pitches (66 for strikes)
- The Orioles added a run in the bottom of the 7th as Cedric Mullins singled home Stewart
- The Blue Jays got one back in the top of the 8th as Billy McKinney homered to straightaway center
- The comeback fell short and the Blue Jays went quietly in the 9th
- Final score: Orioles 2 Blue Jays 1
- Marco Estrada played great today giving up one run (on a solo HR), 3 other hits and 1 walk over 6 innings. This was vintage Estrada tonight: lots of lazy fly balls and pop-ups. He retired the first four batters of the game before Aledmys Diaz booted a ground ball. While I'm sure Estrada will get one more start, I'd be inclined to shut him down tomorrow and end his season on a positive note.
- The Blue Jays were 1-5 with runners in scoring position. They loaded the bases with nobody out in the 4th but got nothing out of it. Billy McKinney was thrown out trying to score on a short sac fly and Aledmys Diaz flew out to end the inning.
- McKinney and Lourdes Gurriel Jr. each had 2 hits today and those were the only 4 hits the team got all day. Justin Smoak walked twice and Kevin Pillar was hit by a pitch
- Rowdy Tellez pinch hit in the 9th and popped out to second base to end the game
- Danny Jansen came in as a defensive replacement in the bottom of the 8th. He did not get an at-bat
- Up next, the Blue Jays return home for their final home stand of the year. They will face the Tampa Bay Rays for four games starting tomorrow, followed by the Houston Astros Monday-Wednesday. Reliever Ryne Stanek will start the game for the Rays, facing Sam Gaviglio.