Jose Altuve was 2-5 with a RBI and a run scored as the Astros defeated the Blue Jays 5-3
- The Astros took the lead in the top of the 1st as Yuli Gurriel singled scoring George Springer
- The Astros added a run in the top of the 2nd as Brian McCann led off with a HR to right
- A batter later, Josh Reddick homered to right
- The Astros added a run in the top of the 3rd as Alex Bregman doubled home Jose Altuve
- The Blue Jays got on the board in the bottom of the 4th as Kevin Pillar drove a towering moon shot over the walk in left; also scoring Justin Smoak
- Marco Estrada pitching line: 4.2IP 7H 4R (all earned) 1BB 1K 93 pitches (58 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays got one back in the bottom of the 5th as Yangervis Solarte singled home Luke Maile
- Dallas Keuchel pitching line: 5IP 7H 3R (all earned) 3BB 5K 86 pitches (48 for strikes)
- The Astros added a run in the top of the 9th as Altuve singled scoring Jake Marisnick
- Roberto Osuna pitched in Toronto for the first time since he was arrested back in May. He threw a scoreless inning for his 10th save as an Astro, 18th of the season
- Final score: Astros 5 Blue Jays 3
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. left the game after the first inning with tightness in his left hamstring. If it's anything more than a very minor issue, the Blue Jays may just opt to shut him down with five games to go and nothing to play for. Gurriel Jr. might resist not playing the next two days with his brother in town.
- Marco Estrada had a night to forget in what could be his final start in a Blue Jays uniform. Estrada was knocked around to the tune of 4 runs on 7 hits and a walk in 4.2 innings. When he walked off the mound, he looked so defeated and probably sad that his final start of the season didn't go better (of course he could start the last game of the season too).
- Not surprisingly, the boo birds were out in the 9th inning when Osuna came on to pitch. Every pitch he threw, the boos seemed to get louder and louder. Interestingly, Osuna's case is back in session tomorrow. You have to wonder if it's going to be settled out of court.
- Rowdy Tellez pinch hit for Jonathan Davis in the 9th and flew out to LF
- Jonathan Davis started in LF and batted leadoff. He was 1-3 with a single and he drew a walk. Davis was involved in 6 plays defensively
- Richard Urena was at second base and batting 9th tonight. He was 3-4 at the the plate. He was involved in 2 plays defensively
- Up next, the Blue Jays try to even the series and delay the Astros in getting 100 wins as Sam Gaviglio takes on Astros rookie righty Josh Jamees