|Imagine if the Red Sox still hasn't won a championship since 1918... here's an artist's rendition of |
Fenway Park after the rats finish gobbling through the park as the fans have abandoned them.
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 | 7:10 pm
Piss-Stained Pinball Stadium | East Massholia, MA
Aaron Sanchez (4-5, 5.17, 1.61) vs. Dead-to-Us Price (14-6, 3.57, 1.13)
Game one of the scheduled September Beantown Beatdown went, naturally, the Red Sox's way after we were teased for almost seven innings by a great start from Ryan Borucki.
Tonight, the man who rallied the players together during the fabled 2015 stretch drive with his gift of bathrobes to each teammate, David Price, takes the mound to face Aaron Sanchez who is coming off a nice outing against the Rays.
Price is merely 20-3, 2.52 lifetime against the Jays. How soon can Vlad Jr. get here? He seems like the type who would eat lefthanders for lunch.
Congrats to Russ Martin - he has been placed on the paternity list.
For some reason, this is 'trending' (in the view of the Jays):
A certain superhero is trending today.— Toronto Blue Jays (@BlueJays) September 12, 2018
Fun fact: He happens to live in Toronto. #ManOfSteal pic.twitter.com/xdVK5RPg31
Some stuff from around baseball, cobbled from online or on the other thread from our good folks:
- Alex Bregman became the first Astro in 14 years to compile 30 HR, 100 RBI and 100 runs scored. Also has 50 doubles. He's really blossomed this year.
- Ronald Acuna, a 20-year-old, leads the NL in HR (18) and extra-base hits (34) since the All-Star break. Dude is pretty good.
- Juan Soto became the first teenager ever with three multi-HR games in a season.
- A truly major-league bat flip (tho a little dangerous) from an Intercounty baseball league game in Kitchener between the Baycats and the Panthers. Story here: Unwritten-rules-bat-flip
- A look at superstitions in MLB and haunted hotels - there's a bit about Barry Davis at the start of the article. Story here: Superstition is the way for MLB players
And this is a brutal way to lose a championship:
This is your "47 losses before 100 wins" game thread.