Tommy Pham was 2-4 with a RBI and a run scored as the Rays shut out the Blue Jays 4-0.
- Ryne Stanek pitching line: 1IP 1H 0R 0BB 1K 10 pitches (6 for strikes)
- The Rays opened the scoring in the top of the 2nd as Kevin Kiermaier scored on a Mallex Smith ground out
- The Rays added a run in the top of the 7th as Ji-Man Choi doubled home Kiermaier
- Two batters later, Tommy Pham tripled scoring Chan
- A batter later, Matt Duffy singled scoring Pham
- Ryan Borucki pitching line: 6IP 2R (both earned) 2BB 3K 96 pitches (64 for strikes)
- Final score: Rays 4 Blue Jays 0
- Ryan Borucki had a solid game today, pitching into the 7th inning allowing 2 runs on 3 hits and a pair of walks. Borucki escaped a bases loaded jam in the 1st and settled down after that. On most days, that pitching line would almost guarantee a victory or no-decision. Unfortunately, on any given day you need to be near perfect with this popgun offence.
- Today was even uglier than last night's game. The Blue Jays had 3 hits and two walks today and were shut out by a platoon of seven Rays relievers. I believe what makes the Rays so successful using the bullpen days is batters rarely face the same pitcher twice and have to adjust every AB. Some teams have obviously been more successful than others at the adjustment (Blue Jays being one of the most unsuccessful).
- Devon Travis, Kendrys Morales and Aledmys Diaz had the only Blue Jay hits tonight.
- The Blue Jays were 0-2 with RISP
- Up next, the Blue Jays try to salvage a game in this series as Rays righty Tyler Glasnow pitches against Blue Jays righty Aaron Sanchez