Kendrys Morales hit a huge pinch-hit HR as the Blue Jays beat the Angels 7-6 to earn the series split,
- The Blue Jays opened the scoring on a Devon Travis 3 run HR in the top of the 2nd that also scored Justin Smoak and Aledmys Diaz
- The Angels got one back in the bottom of the 4th on a Justin Upton solo HR
- The Angels took the lead in the bottom of the 5th as Martin Maldanado singled home Andrelton Simmons
- Two batters later, Ian Kinsler singled home Maldanado
- Sam Gaviglio pitching line: 4.2IP 5H 3R (all earned) 0BB 5K 71 pitches (46 for strikes)
- Felix Pena pitching line: 5IP 8H 3R (all earned) 1BB 6K 83 pitches (56 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays retook the lead in the top of the 6th on an Aledmys Diaz homer to left
- Three batters later, Curtis Granderson homered to straightaway center
- The Blue Jays added an insurance run in the top of the 8th as Diaz scored on a sac fly by Luke Maile
- The Angels tied it up in the bottom of the 8th on a bases clearing double by Maldanado that scored Albert Pujols, Simmons and Kole Calhoun
- The Blue Jays took the lead in the top of the 10th as Kendrys Morales hit a solo HR to right
- Tyler Clippard pitched the 10th to picked up his 4th save of the season
- Final score: Blue Jays 7 Angels 6
- Sam Gaviglio cruised through the first 3.2 innings, retiring the first 11 batters he faced before Justin Upton took him deep. He then ran into trouble in the 5th, allowing a further 2 runs on 4 hits before being pulled from the game.
- Kevin Pillar and Luke Maile combined to make a huge out at 3rd when Kole Calhoun tried to take an extra base when Pillar threw home attempting to prevent Simmons from scoring
- The Blue Jays did an excellent job with Mike Trout this series, holding him to 2 singles and striking him out 7 times this series.
- The bats came alive today, as Devon Travis, Aledmys Diaz, Curtis Granderson all went dep, 6 of the 7 runs by the Blue Jays were off the long ball today.
- Up next, the Blue Jays head to Houston to take on the Astros in a three game series starting tomorrow night. Ace JA Happ is up against Astros ace Justin Verlander. Houston took the season series last year 4 games to 3.