Yangervis Solarte was 2-5 at the plate with a RBI and a run scored as the Blue Jays won 4-3 in extra innings over the Orioles. Tomorrow they go for the series sweep.
- The Blue Jays took the lead in the bottom of the 3rd as Yangervis Solarte singled home Aledmys Diaz
- The lead was doubled in the bottom of the 6th as Teoscar Hernandez doubled to score Solarte
- The Orioles got one back in the top of the 7th as Chance Sisco doubled scoring Trey Mancini
- Two batters later, Adam Jones singled home Sisco to tie the game.
- Aaron Sanchez pitching line: 6.1IP 6H 2R (both earned) 4BB 5K 101 pitches (59 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays took the lead back in the bottom of the inning as Randal Grichuk homered to left-center
- Kevin Gausman pitching line: 6.2IP 9H 3R (all earned) 0BB 6K 93 pitches (65 for strikes)
- The Orioles tied it up in the top of the 8th as Jonathan Schoop scored on a wild pitch by Tyler Clippard
- The Blue Jays walked it off literally as Justin Smoak scored the winning run on a bases loaded walk to improve their record to 7-1 in extra inning games.
- Final score: Blue Jay 4 Orioles 3
- Aaron Sanchez had a solid start, giving up a pair of runs, while pitching into the 7th inning. Sanchez's command was a bit off today as he walked 4 batters. It is now two solid starts in a row for Sanchez, who is looking like his 2016 self.
- The bullpen continues to blow leads. Today, the bullpen gave up 2 runs (1 of which was charged to Sanchez) on a single and a wild pitch. Joe Biagini hit a batter and made a throwing error. Tyler Clippard came in and walked a batter to load the bases, then threw a wild pitch allowing the Orioles to tie the game for the second time. John Axford pitched out of a first and third situation with one out, getting Adam Jones trying to score on a contact play and inducing a one pitch ground out by Jonathan Schoop.
- Randal Grichuk continue to swing a hot bat as he extended his hitting streak to three games with a home run to left-center in the bottom of the 7th.
- The Blue Jays now have just 2 batters hitting below .200, Grichuk and Russell Martin.
- Up next, the Blue Jays go for the series sweep as Marco Estrada pitches against Orioles right-hander Alex Cobb.