Austin Meadows was 2-4 with a run scored and an RBI as the Rays shutout the Blue Jays 5-0
- The Rays opened the scoring in the bottom of the 1st as Avisail Garcia doubled home Austin Meadows
- The Rays added a [air of runs in the bottom of the 2nd as Mike Zunino slammed a 2-run blast to left-center also scoring Kevin Kiermaier
- Brendan McKay pitching line: 3.2IP 1H 0R 0BB 7K 59 pitches (36 for strikes)
- The Rays added a run in the bottom of the 4th on a passed ball by Danny Jansen that scored Willy Adames
- Clay Buchholz pitching line: 6IP 7H 4R (3 earned) 0BB 3K 90 pitches (63 for strikes)
- The Rays added a run in the bottom of the 8th as Meadows singled scoring Joey Wendle
- Emilio Pagan pitched a scoreless 9th for his 19th save of the season
- Final score: Ray 5 Blue Jays 0
- Clay Buchholz battled through 6 innings, allowing 4 runs (1 unearned due to a passed ball by Danny Jansen) on 7 hits while striking out 3. He's nearly back up to the pitch count you want to see in a starter after throwing 90 pitches today. It's important that he eat up as many innings as possible the next month because the relievers are surely getting tired
- Eric Sogard has had a rough go recently, taking a fastball off the head Tuesday and leaving the to start the 4th inning after fouling a ball off his foot in the 2nd inning. Expect the Rays to be cautious with him.
- Charlie Montoyo was ejected in the 4th for arguing balls and strikes. It was his 2nd ejection of the season
- The offence consisted of a 2-out triple in the 1st by Randal Grichuk, followed by 22 straight outs before Danny Jansen drew a 4-pitch walk leading off the 9th inning. That was followed by an Athony Alford single and a Bo Bichette walk. The Rays then brought in closer Emilio Pagan, who retired the next three batters.
- Up next, the Blue Jays try to snap the 5-game losing streak. Lefty Anthony Kay will start for the Blue Jays and make his MLB debut. The Rays will counter with righty Charlie Morton