Tuesday, September 24, 2019 | 7:07 pm
Rogers Centre | Toronto, Ontario
After a thrilling walk-off by Anthony Alford for his first major-league HR in the 15th inning, the Blue Jays head back out there to take on the Orioles in the second game of a three-game set.
On the mound, we've got
JITH fantasy league news: Steve-O is your champion. Felicitations are in order.
In case you missed it last night, here's Alford's walk-off from a different angle:
The season is about ready to wrap up. 8 milestones to watch for during this final week (from MLB.com):
- Justin Verlander needs 12 Ks to reach 300 for the season and 6 to reach 3,000 for his career.
- Pete Alonso is aiming for Aaron Judge's record of 52 HRs for a rookie and also to be the first rookie to lead the majors outright without any ties.
- Eugenio Suarez is looking to continue his truly monstrous second half and pass Alonso for the HR title, which would mean he'd be the first Red to hit 50 or lead the league since George Foster in 1977 and 1978, respectively.
- Nick Castellanos is at 58 doubles and looking to be the first in 80 years to reach 60 doubles.
- Ronald Acuña Jr. needs 3 stolen bases to be the fifth to have a 40/40 season. Still only 21 years old.
- Kenley Jansen needs 2 saves to become the fourth to reach 300 career saves by the end of his age-31 season.
- Yordan Alvarez has a 186 wRC+, which would be a rookie record if he can maintain it through to the end of the season. Shoeless Joe Jackson has the best mark at 184 wRC+.
- Albert Pujols needs 4 HR to reach 660 and tie Willie Mays for fifth all-time.
This is your "let's end it in 9 innings tonight" game threat.