Josh Donaldson once again torched his former team with a 2-3 effort, 1 walk, 1 run scored and 3RBI to lead the Braves to a 7-2 victory over the Blue Jays
- The Braves opened the scoring in the bottom of the 1st as Ozzie Albies singled home Ronald Acuna
- Two batters later, Josh Donaldson singled home Freddy Freeman
- Wilmer Font pitching line: 1IP 4H 2R (both earned) 0BB 1K 19 pitches (15 for strikes); TJ Zeuch pitched the next 4 innings allowing 2 runs on 3 hits while walking 2 and striking out 4 with 73 pitches (41 for strikes)
- The Braves added 2 more runs in the bottom of the 5th on a doubled by Donaldson that plated Acuna and Freeman
- Mike Foltynewicz pitching line: 5IP 2H 0R 3BB 2K 76 pitches (42 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays got one back in the top of the 7th as Rowdy Tellez absolutely hammered one to right-center
- Three batters later, Teoscar Hernandez doubled home Derek Fisher
- The Braves added three more runs in the bottom of the 8th as Tyler Flowers doubled home Donaldson, Matt Joyce and Dansby Swanson
- Final score: Braves 7 Blue Jays 2
- Wilmer Font had a rough outing allowing a pair of runs on 4 hits while striking out 1. Rookie TJ Zeuch made his MLB debut and did decent against a tough Braves lineup, allowing a pair of runs on 3 hits while walking 3 and striking out 2. Certainly Zeuch needs to gain that experience of facing MLB hitters, so he may get knocked around a bit this month. Not a horrible outing for his MLB debut.
- Walks were a huge issue for the Blue Jays again. All five batters who walked today came around to score. At least the defense was better, except for Teo misplaying a flyball a bit that led to a back breaking 3 runs late
- The Blue Jays tallied in just 1 inning, the 7th, on a no-doubter HR by Rowdy Tellez and a double three batters later by Teoscar Hernandez that knocked in Derek Fisher, who had himself a nice day at the plate with a 2-3 effort and drawing a walk.
- That's it for interleague play in 2019 for the Blue Jays. They finished an abysmal 3-17 against the NL this season, getting outscored 132-64. The Diamondbacks, Rockies, and Dodgers all swept the Blue Jays this season. The Blue Jays managed single wins against the Braves, Padres and Giants. Next year, they will face the NL Central and the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Up next, after a rare Wednesday off-day tomorrow, the Blue Jays head to their house of horrors to take on the TB Rays for 4 games. Trent Thornton starts Thursday for the Blue Jays while the Rays will have a bullpen day, likely with Diego Castillo or Andrew Kittredge getting the ball first. It's now very much up in the air whether ex-Blue Jay Eric Sogard will be available to play this weekend after this scary scene in TB today. Hopefully the worst that came of it was busted glasses.