Danny Jansen hit a 2-run walk off HR in the 9th as the Blue Jays knocked off the Royals 7-5
- The Royals opened the scoring in the top of the 1st on a horrible throwing error by Marcus Stroman on a sac bunt by Nicky Lopez that scored Whit Merrifield
- Four batters later, Lucas Duda singled scoring Lopez
- The Blue Jays got one back in the bottom of the 3rd as Vladimir Guerrero Jr. lined a solo shot into the Blue Jays bullpen in left
- The Royals added a run in the top of the 4th as Martin Maldanado cracked a solo blast into the Royals bullpen in right
- Marcus Stroman pitching line: 4IP 4H 3R (all earned) 2BB 4K 66 pitches (40 for strikes)
- The Royals added a run in the top of the 5th as Hunter Dozier doubled home Lopez
- The Blue Jays took the lead in the bottom half of the inning on a Cavan Biggio grand slam that just cleared the wall in straightaway center also scoring Brandon Drury, Lourdes Gurriel Jr. and Eric Sogard
- Homer Bailey pitching line: 5IP 5IP 5H 5R (all earned) 4BB 6K 103 pitches (58 for strikes)
- The Royals tied it in the top of the 9th as Billy Hamilton scored on a sac fly by Alex Gordon
- The Blue Jays walked it off in the bottom half of the inning on a 2-run blast by Danny Jansen to dead center that also scored Randal Grichuk
- Final score: Blue Jays 7 Royals 5
- Marcus Stroman left the game after throwing 2 pitches in the 5th.The Blue Jays are calling it a left pectoral strain. You can bet that the Blue Jays will be extra cautious, even if it means skipping his final pre-all-star start and perhaps the AS game itself. Sttoman had been pitching decent to that point,giving up a trio of runs, 4 hits, a pair of walks, while striking out 3. He also had a horrible throwing error in the 1st inning,
- It may be that there is an injury concern (or potential trade) with Ken Giles as he did not pitch the 9th in a save opportunity and Daniel Hudson promptly blew the save.
- The Blue Jays young guns got the job down. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. went yard in the 3rd to get the Blue Jays on the board. Cavan Biggio hit a huge grand slam to give his team the lead in the 5th. Danny Jansen hit a mammoth 2-run shot to walk it off in the 9th.
- Video review also went the Blue Jays way, confirming a mammoth Martin Maldanado blast just hooked foul in the 2nd. He homered 2 innings later.
- Up next, the Blue Jays go for the series win as Aaron Sanchez pitches against Royals righty Brad Keller.