Zack Greinke threw six shutout innings as the Diamondbacks shut out the Blue Jays 6-0
- The Diamondbacks opened the scoring in the top of the 2nd as Nick Ahmed singled home Christian Walker
- The Diamondbacks added a run in the top of the 3rd as Ketel Marte singled home Jarrod Dyson
- A batter later, David Peralta doubled scoring Tim Locastro
- Three batters later, Marte scored on a sac fly by Ahmed
- The Diamondbacks added a run in the top of the 6th as Alex Avila sent one out just fair in left
- Aaron Sanchez pitching line: 6IP 6H 5R (all earned) 4BB 3K 95 pitches (56 for strikes)
- Zack Greinke pitching line: 6IP 4H 0R 2BB 7K 98 pitches (57 for strikes)
- The Diamondbacks added a run in the top of the 9th as Kevin Cron smashed a screaming liner into the second deck in left
- Final score: Diamondbacks 6 Blue Jays 0
- Aaron Sanchez made it through six innings, but had control problems with four walks. He had a rough inning in the 3rd, allowing 3 runs on 4 hits and a walk. It's encouraging that Sanchez is able to last 6 innings. Maybe he is putting the blister issues behind him.
- Not much to say about the offence. After Vlad singled in the bottom of the first, 9 straight batters were out, until Justin Smoak drew a walk. The Blue Jays best chance to score was the 7th when Teoscar Hernandez led off with a triple, but the next three batters went down swinging (literally). In the 5th, the Blue Jays got two runners on, but Luke Maile struck out to end the rally. The Blue Jays also got two runners on in the 8th, but could do nothing with it. Time to bring back the sac bunt?
- Up next, the Blue Jays try to avoid getting swept for the third time in four series. The Blue Jays will send lefty Clayton Richard to the mound, who is seeking his first win in a Blue Jays uniform. The Diamondbacks will counter with southpaw Robbie Ray