Lourdes Gurriel Jr. was 2-4 with 4RBI and a pair of runs scored as the Blue Jays shut out the Astros 12-0
- The Blue Jays opened the scoring in the top of the 1st as Eric Sogard scored on a sac fly by Lourdes Gurriel Jr.
- A batter later, Rowdy Tellez crushed a solo bomb to left-center
- The Blue Jays added a pair of runs in the top of the 5th as Gurriel Jr. smashed a 2-run blast to left-center also scoring Sogard
- Brad Peacock pitching line: 5IP 5H 4R (all earned) 3BB 5K 89 pitches (53 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays added a pair of runs in the top of the 6th as Freddy Galvis cranked a 2-run shot to left also scoring Randal Gruchuk
- Four batters later, Gurriel Jr. singled home Sogard
- Two batters later, Teoscar Hernandez annihilated a three-run bomb to right also scoring Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and Gurriel Jr.
- Trent Thornton pitching line: 6.2IP 6H 0R 3BB 7K 102 pitches (61 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays added a run in the top of the 9th as Hernandez knocked one out to right-center that just cleared the wall
- Final score: Blue Jays 12 Astros 0
- Trent Thornton was excellent today, tossing 6.2 shutout innings, scattering 5 hits and walking three. That he did so against the team that traded him is even sweeter. Thornton is really starting to develop into a strong starting pitcher.
- The bats came out in a big way, especially in the 5th and 6th when they combined to score 9 runs on 8 hits and a walk. Most of the damage was done after starter Brad Peacock left the game. Every Blue Jays starter, except Danny Jansen had at least one hit.
- This was a great response in front of the dads who made the trip out to Houston and those who were watching at home
- Up next, the Blue Jays open a 4 game series at home against the LA Angels and a red-hot Shohei Ohtani. Edwin Jackson gets the start after he was skipped last time out. The Angels have not yet released the rotation for this series.