Chris Iannetta was 2-3 with a pair of RBI and a run scored as the Rockies knocked off the Blue Jays 5-1
- The Blue Jays opened the scoring in the top of the 1st as Eric Sogard scored on a fielder's choice hit by Justin Smoak
- The Rockies tied it in the bottom half of the inning as Daniel Murphy singled home David Dahl
- The Rockies took the lead in the bottom of the 2nd as Dahl doubled home Antonio Senzatela
- The Rockies added a run in the bottom of the 3rd as Chris Iannetta doubled scoring Ryan McMahon
- The Rockies added a run in the bottom of the 6th as Iannetta crushed a solo bomb to left.
- Antonio Senzatela pitching line: 6IP 4H 1R (earned) 3BB 4K 90 pitches (52 for strikes)
- Aaron Sanchez pitching line: 6IP 7H 4R (all earned) 3BB 2K 85 pitches (56 for strikes)
- The Rockies added a run in the bottom of the 7th as Nolan Arenado whacked a solo shot to left
- Final score: Rockies 5 Blue Jays 1
- The good news? Aaron Sanchez made it through his start with no known issues with his fingers. He tossed 6 innings, giving up 4 runs on 7 hits and a trio of walks. It's encouraging that Sanchez was able to go a start without a blister cropping up or a fingernail snapping.
- No late inning heroics on this day. The Blue Jays squandered a huge bases loaded opportunity with one out in the 1st, stranding all three runners. They eked out just one run that inning. After that, they had one more inning with multiple base runners and five innings with one base runner (Luke Maile was the only base runner to advance to second base in the five innings where single runners reached base). It's pretty hard to win when you don't get runners into scoring position (i.e. past 1st base)
- Up next, after an off-day to regroup and catch their breaths, the Blue Jays start a series against the Yankees. The Yankees won last season's series 13-6, outscoring the Blue Jays 110-66. The Blue Jays will start Clayton Richard in the opener. The Yankees have yet to set their starting pitchers for the series. Expect James Paxton and JA Happ to both start at some point this series.