Marcus Stroman threw 6 shutout innings as the Blue Jays knocked off the Red Sox 6-1
- The Blue Jays opened the scoring in the top of the 2nd as Brandun Drury singled home Rowdy Tellez
- The Blue Jays added a run in the top of the 3rd as Cavan Biggio doubled scoring Lourdes Gurriel Jr.
- The Blue Jays added a run in the top of the 6th as Biggio scored on a balk by Rick Porcello
- Four batters latter, Danny Jansen singled scoring Freddy Galvis and Tellez
- Rick Porcello pitching line: 6IP 8H 5R (all earned) 4BB 2K 98 pitches (62 for strikes)
- Marcus Stroman pitching line: 6IP 5H 0R 1BB 6K 104 pitches (66 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays added a run in the top of the 8th as Eric Sogard smacked a solo shot to right
- The Red Sox got one back in the bottom of the 9th as Eduardo Nunez scored on a fielding error by Joe Biagini
- Final score: Blue Jays 6 Red Sox 1
- Marcus Stroman was excellent today, throwing 6 shutout innings scattering 5 hits, walking 1 and striking out 6. He's almost a sure bet to rep the Blue Jays at the all-star break in a couple of weeks
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (3 hits and a run scored), Rowdy Tellez (a pair of hits and a pair of runs scored and a walk), Freddy Galvis (a hit, an RBI and 2 walks), and Danny Jansen (2 RBI) all had strong games today.
- It's really nice to see the timely hitting coming back this week
- Up next, the Blue Jays open a three game series against the Yankees tomorrow. CC Sabathia, who will retire at the end of the season, pitches against Aaron Sanchez.