Brandon Drury hit a go-ahead 2-run HR in the 6th as the Blue Jays doubled the Red Sox 6-3
- David Phelps pitching line: 1P 0H 0R 1BB 1K 13 pitches (8 for strikes)
- The Red Sox opened the scoring in the top of the 3rd as Rafael Devers singled scoring Brock Holt and Mookie Betts
- The Blue Jays got one back in the bottom half of the inning as Lourdes Gurriel Jr. crushed one to dead center.
- The Red Sox added a run in the top of the 4th as Christian Vazquez crushed one to straightaway center
- The Blue Jays tied it in the bottom half of the inning as Danny Jansen annihilated a 2-run bomb to the second deck in left also scoring Justin Smoak
- The Blue Jays took the lead in the bottom of the 6th as Brandon Drury crack a 2-run jack to dead center also scoring Rowdy Tellez
- The Blue Jays added a run in the bottom of the 8th as Tellez scored on a sac fly by Freddy Galvis
- Ken Giles pitched a perfect 9th for his 13th save of the season
- Final score: Blue Jays 6 Red Sox 3
- The Blue Jays bullpen did a solid job, limiting the potent Red Sox lineup to 3 runs on 8 hits and a walk. The Red Sox threated to tie with the tying run on 2nd base with one out in the 7th, but Daniel Hudson got the next two Red Sox batters out, ending the threat. He pitched the 8th as well to turn the ball over to the unstoppable Ken Giles
- The Blue Jays took advantage of three mistakes Chris Sale made for five runs, and that was the difference in the game. Charlie Montoyo looks like a genius for putting Freddy Galvis in the leadoff spot. Galvis was 3-4 with a walk and an RBI. Brandon Drury also had a strong game, batting at the opposite end of the lineup with a 3-4 effort, a run scored and 2 RBI.
- Up next, the rubber match of the series with a 3rd evening start time. Marcus Stroman is tentatively penciled in to pitch, but he may be forced to miss a turn as reports say he isn't feeling right. This may also put his participation in the AS game in doubt. The Red Sox are slated to have a bullpen day tomorrow. It could very well be a literal battle of the bullpen for bragging rights this week.