Chris Davis was 2-4 with a run scored and 3RBI as the Orioles knocked off the Blue Jays 4-1
- The Orioles opened the scoring in the top of the 2nd as Chris Davis hammered a solo shot to dead center
- Three batters later, Jonathan Villar singled home Rio Ruiz
- Aaron Sanchez pitching line: 5IP 3H 2R (both earned) 4BB 5K 100 pitches (60 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays got one back in the bottom of the 7th as Brandon Drury knocked one out and into the Blue Jays bullpen in left
- Dylan Bundy pitching line: 6.2IP 3H 1R (earned) 2BB 6K 96 pitches (64 for strikes)
- The Orioles added a pair of runs in the top of the 9th as Davis singled home Stevie Wilkerson and Renato Nunez
- Paul Fry pitched a perfect 9th for his 2nd save of the season.
- Final score: Orioles 4 Blue Jays 1
- Aaron Sanchez battled his way through five innings, allowing 2 runs, 3 hits, and 4 walks while striking out 5. He labored through the first 2 innings, taking 53 pitches to get 6 outs. He was much better in his final three innings, tossing 47, while allowing just a walk and a single. It's encouraging he was able to bounce back. However, this isn't exactly the Yankees lineup he was facing.
- The offense was just as troubling on this night. Case in point, Danny Jansen tripled to start the inning and was stranded at 3rd as the next three up were outs. Brandon Drury broke the shutout in the 7th smacking one into the Blue Jays bullpen.
- Up next, the Blue Jays try to even the series as the Blue Jays turn to lefty Clayton Richard, going for his 3rd straight quality start. The Orioles will counter with righty Andrew Cashner