Steve Pearce hit a huge 3-run HR in the top of the 9th as the Blue Jays defeated the Angels 4-1
- The Blue Jays took the lead in the top of the 3rd as Teoscar Hernandez homered to left
- Jaime Barria pitching line: 5IP 4H 1R (earned) 4BB 5K 93 pitches (49 for strikes)
- Marcus Stroman pitching line: 5IP 6H 0R 1BB 5K 81 pitches (51 for strikes)
- The Angels tied it in the bottom of the 8th on a Luis Valbuena HR to right
- Steve Pearce gave the Blue Jays the lead in the top of the 9th on a big 3 run blast that scored Aledmys Diaz and Devon Travis
- Temporary closer Ryan Tepera pitched a perfect 9th for his 6th save of the season.
- Final score: Blue Jays 4 Angels 1
- Marcus Stroman had a decent start today, in that he didn't give up any runs and he was healthy when he finished the game. Stroman showed some real emotion when Kevin Pillar threw out David Fletcher trying to score on a sac fly in the bottom of the 3rd.
- Blue Jays pitching held Mike Trout to a single and struck him out three times
- Up next, the Blue Jays go for the series split as Sam Gaviglio pitches against righty Felix Pena who will be making his first MLB start. Pena was previously a reliever being converted into a starter.