Aledmys Diaz hit a game-winning 3-run double as the Blue Jays came from behind to defeat the Phillies 8-6
- The Phillies took the lead in the top of the 3rd as Roman Quinn scored on a sac fly by Rhys Hoskins
- The Phillies extended the lead in the top of the 4th as Quinn doubled home Asdrubal Cabrera and Maikel Franco
- Two batters later, Hoskins singled, scoring Odubel Herrera and Quinn
- The Blue Jays got on the board in the bottom of the 4th as Kendrys Morales hit a two run shot to center, his 6th straight game with a home run, also scoring Justin Smoak
- Four batters later, Teoscar Hernandez singled home Kevin Pillar
- Aaron Sanchez pitching line: 4IP 10H 6R (all earned) 2BB 2K 86 pitches (54 for strikes)
- The Phillies added a run in the top of the 5th as Jorge Alfaro singled home Cabrera
- The Blue Jays got within one in the bottom of the 7th as Billy McKinney hit a 2 run HR to straightaway center, also scoring Danny Jansen
- Nick Pivetta pitching line: 6.2IP 7H 5R (all earned) 3BB 4K 101 pitches (63 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays took the lead in the bottom of the 8th as Aledmys Diaz hit a bases-clearind doubled that scored Jansen, Lourdes Gurriel Jr. and Curtis Granderson
- Ken Giles pitched the 9th for his 18th save of the season.
- Final score: Blue Jays 8 Phillies 6
- Aaron Sanchez had a rough outing his first start back from the DL. He walked the first batter he faced and was lit up in innings 2-4 to the tune of 5 runs on 8 hits and a walk. His command was not there and the Phillies were making him pay for his mistakes all day. His next start should be on the road vs. Miami on Friday.
- Kendrys Morales extended his home run streak to 6 games with a bomb to center in the bottom of the 4th. He is now tied for the team record with Jose Cruz Jr.
- Danny Jansen continues to impress in the early days of his career. Today, he threw out a base runner at second base, got a pair of hits and shook off getting drilled in the arm by a 98MPH fastball to finish the game. Will he play tomorrow? It will depend on how he feels tomorrow morning.
- Up next, the Blue Jays go for the series sweep to end player's weekend and put a serious dent in the Phillies playoff hopes. Marco Estrada takes the mound in what could be his final start in a Blue Jays uniform against Phillies righty Vince Velasquez