Rowdy Tellez broke the shutout bid in the 9th with a bomb to straightaway center in a heart-brreaking 2-1 loss to the Orioles
- The Orioles opened the scoring in the top of the 6th as Jonathan Villar tripled home Dwight Smith Jr.
- The next batter, Trey Mancini singled scoring Villar
- Marcus Stroman pitching line: 5.2IP 9H 2R (both earned) 1BB 5K 101 pitches (63 for strikes)
- Andrew Cashner pitching line: 6IP 4H 0R 3BB 3K 89 pitches (57 for strikes)
- Rowdy Telleez broke the shutout bid with an absolute bomb to straightaway center with 1 out in the 9th
- Miguel Castro picked up his 1st save of the season
- Final score: Orioles 2 Blue Jays 1
- Marcus Stroman had an overall solid outing, He was much better with his command, just allowing the one walk. Stroman also picked off an Orioles base runner Unfortunately Stro's offence was lacking. Maybe Charlie Montoya should try something unorthodox and use Stroman as a DH. Only thing is the injury risk if he gets hit by a pitch.
- One very encouraging sign is the Blue Jays only struck out 4 times today. I also saw a bit of fouling off of pitches.
- It's still too early to really get a gauge on this team because of the struggle to get base runners, or if they do get someone on base, it's been with 2 out. I'm not overly convinced that Vlad Guerrero Jr. arriving in town is going to substantially increase the number of wins. For one thing, he gets an AB once roughly every three innings.
- Up next, the Blue Jays wrap this series and the first home stand of the season before hitting the road to Cleveland. Matt Shoemaker will be looking for his second victory as a Blue Jay. The Orioles will be using an opener with reliever Nate Karns getting the start. Toronto struggled in these kinds of games last season.