Brandon Drury hit a walk-off HR as the Blue Jays doubled up on the A's 4-2
- The Blue Jays opened the scoring in the bottom of the second as Eric Sogard led off with a solo shot to right
- The Blue Jays added a run in the bottom of the 3rd as Randal Grichuk singled home Danny Jansen
- Marcus Stroman pitching line: 7IP 1H 0R 2BB 7K 97 pitches (61 for strikes)
- Mike Fiers pitching line: 7IP 6H 2R (both earned) 0BB 5K 101 pitches (67 for strikes)
- Brandon Drury hit a walk-off 2 run HR that just cleared the wall in straightaway center\
- Final score: Blue Jays 4 A's 2
- Marcus Stroman was dominant again, tossing seven shutout innings of one-hit ball, while walking a pair. He was in command of his pitches right from the get go. More of this Stroman please.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr.'s debut: 1-4 with a 9th inning double, and he showed off a cannon for an arm in a couple of strong throws across the diamond.
- Eric Sogard was so good. He was 2-3, including a leadoff HR and he didn't look out of place shifting to SS.
- Plate discipline was excellent tonight with a season-low 6 strikeouts
- Up next, the Blue Jays go for the series win as Aaron Sanchez takes the ball five days after leaving his start early with a broken fingernail. The A's will counter with lefty Brett Anderson, who also left his last start early after injuring an ankle stumbling off the mound.