Teoscar Hernandez hit a go-ahead 3-run HR in the top of the 8th as the Blue Jays came from behind to defeat the Twins 5-3
- The Blue Jays took the lead in the top of the 4th as Justin Smoak scored on a sac fly by Alen Hanson
- The Twins took the lead in the bottom half of the inning off a three-run bomb by CJ Cron to the 2nd deck in left; also scoring Eddie Rosario and Jorge Polanco
- Matt Shoemaker pitching line: 6IP 4H 3R (all earned) 4BB 4K 100 pitches (58 for strikes)
- Martin Perez pitching line: 6IP 7H 1R (earned) 2BB 5K 86 pitches (57 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays got one back in the top of the 8th as Smoak singled home Freddy Galvis
- A batter later, Teoscar Hernansez crushed a three-run bomb deep into the upper deck in left; also scoring Randal Grichuk and Socrates Brito
- Joe Biagini pitched a perfect 9th for his 1st save of the season
- Final score: Blue Jays 5 Twins 3
- Matt Shoemaker battled his way through 6 innings, making the one mistake that cost him three runs and a chance to win. He didn't have his best stuff today, giving up 4 walks.
- Great comeback win tonight, jumping all over reliever Adalberto Meija for 4 runs on 4 hits, including a three-run bomb by Teo that more than made up for his earlier blunder where he forgot the count and got picked off at first base.
- Randal Grichuk also had a base running blunder, trying to stretch a double into a triple
- The bullpen did a great job, yielding just 1 hit, while striking out 4 in 3 innings of work
- Up next, the Blue Jays look for their second straight win of the four game series. Both Aaron Sanchez and Kyle Gibson will be looking to pitch past the 5th inning. Ryan Tepera may return to the Blue Jays bullpen after completing a rehab assignment.