Marcus Stroman threw seven strong innings as the Blue Jays defeated the Orioles 4-1
- The Orioles took the lead in the top of the first as Adam Jones singled, scoring Tim Beckham
- The Blue Jays tied the game in the bottom of the 4th as Randal Grichuk doubled home Justin Smoak
- Two batters later, the Blue Jays took the lead as Yangervis Solarte scored on a double play ball hit by Aledmys Diaz
- The Blue Jays extended the lead as the next batter, Luke Maile singled home Grichuk
- The Blue Jays added another run in the bottom of the 5th as Teoscar Hernandez scored on a balk by Alex Cobb
- Alex Cobb pitching line: 5IP 4H 4R (1 earned) 3BB 4K 88 pitches (54 for strikes)
- Marcus Stroman pitching line: 7IP 5H 1R (earned) 2BB 7K 107 pitches (71 for strikes)
- Ryan Tepera pitched a perfect 9th for his 7th save of the season
- Final score: Blue Jays 4 Orioles 1
- Marcus Stroman was excellent today, allowing 1 run on 5 hits and a pair of walks (three of the hits allowed were in the 1st inning). He was inducing a ton of ground ball outs, which is a good indicator that he was on today. Stroman had perfect innings in the 2nd and 7th.
- The bullpen was excellent today sending the Orioles batters down in order in the 8th and 9th innings after allowing 3 runs and blowing the save yesterday.
- Luke Maile and Aledmys Diaz were both 2-3 and Maile drove in a run.
- Up next, JA Happ makes what could be his final start in a Blue Jays uniform as the Blue Jays go for the series sweep. Andrew Cashner will be pitching for the Orioles.