Marcus Stroman pitched 7 strong innings in his 100th career start as the Blue Jays defeated the Braves 6-2
- The Blue Jays took the lead in the top of the 3rd as Justin Smoak homored to center.
- The Braves tied it in the bottom of the 6th as Kurt Suzuki singled to score Ozzie Albies
- Julio Teheran pitching line: 6.2IP 3H 1R (earmed) 2BB 5K 107 pitches (68 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays took the lead in the top of the 8th as Russell Martin singled home Lourdes Gurriel Jr.
- The next batter, Kevin Pillar singled to score Randal Grichuk
- The next batter Aledmys Diaz doubled home Pillar and Martin
- The next batter, Devon Travis hit a ground rule double to plate Diaz
- Marcus Stroman pitching line: 7IP 6H 1R (earned) 2BB 5K 93 pitches (60 for strikes)
- The Braves got one back in the bottom of the 8th as Albies scored on a Suzuki ground out
- Final score: Blue Jays 6 Braves 2
- Marcus Stroman was great tonight. He got a single in the 2nd inning and threw seven strong innings, allowing a run on six hits and a pair of walks. Stroman really made pitches when he had to, striking out batters to escape innings in the 1st, 5th and 6th innings. He also induced an inning-ending DP in the 4th. At this point, I can see Stroman being a part of the rotation next s season.
- Congrats to Marcus Stroman for getting the win in his 100th career start. Stroman improved his record to 39-31 in those 100 starts.
- The Blue Jays broke the game wide open in the 8th, scoring five runs on five consecutive hits and a fielding error to start the inning. It was nice to see the Blue Jays put together a big inning without any home runs. They did the damage against two Braves relievers, which will help the Blue Jays in the event of a lengthy game tomorrow. Russell Martin even contributed by driving in the game-winning run.
- Up next, the Blue Jays look to sweep this mini 2 game series and win the overall season series as Sam Gaviglio pitches against Braves all-star Mike Foltynewicz.