Texas Rangers Joey Gallo went 1-2 with 2 RBI and 2 runs scored on the way to a 5-1 Rangers win
- Joey Gallo opened the scoring for the Rangers on a sac fly by Ryan Rua
- Kevin Pillar broke up the no-hitter with a triple off the wall in left field
- Gallo doubled to score Rougned Odor and Shin-Soo Choo
- The next batter Jurickson Profar double home Gallo
- Juan Centeno cashed in the Rangers 4th run of the inning with a grounder that ate up Devon Travis scoring Profar from 2ndFinal c=
- Marcus Stroman pitching line: 4.2IP 6H 5R (all earned) 5BB 3K 95 pitches (44 for strikes)
- Steve Pearce got the Blue Jays on the board with a solo HR to left
- Mike Minor pitching line: 6IP 2H 1R (earned) 2BB 7K 93 pitches (54 for strikes)
- Final score: Rangers 5 Blue Jays 1
- A shoutout to members of he Humboldt Broncos and their families who died or were injured in that horrible accident. You are in our thoughts and prayers
- Blue Jays players were wearing toques in the dugout. It was a cold night for baseball. The cold weather affected Stroman's ability to grip the baseball. Batters were also affected as the ball behaved differently in the cold.
- Marcus Stroman had a difficult night in the cold as it affected his grip on the baseball. He walked 5 batters and finished his night throwing more balls than strikes.
- It was a tough night for the Blue Jays as Mike Minor looked good on the mound tonight and the Rangers bullpen was nearly perfect in their three innings of work. The Blue Jays bullpen had a better night than last night, although Danny Barnes allowed 2 hits before getting out of the 5th inning. Up next is the rubber match of the series with lefty Jaimie Garcia taking on fellow lefty Cole Hamels in a mid-afternoon matinee.