Clay Buchholz threw 6 strong innings in his return from the 60 day IL in a 3-1 loss to the Mariners
- The Mariners opened the scoring in the bottom of the 3rd as Dylan Moore clubbed a solo shot to left-center
- The Mariners added a run in the bottom of the 4th as Kyle Seagar doubled home JP Crawford
- The Blue Jays got one back in the top of the 6th as Rowdy Tellez singled scoring Bo Bichette
- Clay Buchholz pitching line: 6IP 3H 2R (both earned) 0BB 3K 65 pitches (45 for strikes)
- The Mariners added a run in the bottom of the 7th as Austin Nola scored on a sac fly by Omar Narvaez
- Marco Gonzales pitching line: 7IP 3H 1R (earned) 2BB 5K 99 pitches (67 for strikes)
- Matt Magill pitched a scoreless 9th for his 4th save of the season
- Final score: Mariners 3 Blue Jays 1
- Clay Buchholz had his best start in a Blue Jays uniform, firing 6 innings, allowing 2 runs on 3 hits, walking none and striking out 3. He did all this with just 65 pitches thrown. He might have thrown an extra inning, but this was his first start after missing 2+ months with a grade 2 teres major strain.
- The Blue Jays offence was essentially Bo Bichette, who had another 2 hits today, including another double. He also scored the Blue Jays only run. Rowdy Tellez and Derek Fisher also both got on base twice (both had a hit and a walk). Vlad had the other Blue Jays hit on the day.
- Up next, after an off-day tomorrow, the Blue Jays kick off a five game home stand that will be full of tearful reunions, starting with Josh Donaldson playing his first game in Toronto since the trade that sent him to Cleveland in 2018. He signed with the Braves in the off-season. Canadian righty Mike Soroka will get the start for the Braves Tuesday against a slew of Blue Jays relievers, which should include SRF or Thomas Pannone. Wilmer Font will likely open for the Blue Jays.