Danny Jansen hit a 3-run HR in an 8-2 victory over the mighty Yankees
- The Blue Jays opened the scoring in the bottom of the 1st as Randal Grichuk whacked a 2-run shot to left-center and into the Blue Jays bullpen also scoring Bo Bichette
- The Blue Jays added a run in the bottom of the 2nd as Teoscar Hernandez hammered a solo bomb to dead center
- The Yankees got a run back in the top of the 4th as Mike Tauchman smashed a solo blast to right and into the Yankees bullpen
- The Blue Jays added 3 more runs in the bottom half of the inning as Danny Jansen crushed a three-run bomb to dead center also scoring Brandon Drury and Derek Fisher
- JA Happ pitching line: 5IP 4H 6R (all earned) 3BB 4K 99 pitches (58 for strikes)
- Sean Reid-Foley pitching line: 5IP 5H 1R (earned) 2BB 5K 95 pitches (64 for strikes)
- The Yankees got one back in the top of the 7th as Mike Ford slammed a solo bomb over the wall in straightaway center
- The Blue Jays added a pair of runs in the bottom of the 8th as Teoscar Hernandez whacked a two-run blast to dead center also scoring Freddy Galvis
- Final score: Blue Jays 8 Yankees 2
- SRF had a nice bounce-back game with better command. He gave up just the one run on a solo HR, and 4 other hits, while walking 2 and striking out 5. This is one of the better lineups in the league (full credit to the Yankees coaching staff for getting the most out of their players). It's encouraging to see the rookie Blue Jays righty bounce back after a not-so-good outing.
- Bo Bichette had his career-beginning 11 game hit streak snap and by default the 9-game extra-base and doubles streak. He was 0-3 with a walk and a run scored
- Every run scored by both teams was a home run.
- With the win, the Blue Jays snapped the Yankees impressive 9-game winning streak
- Up next, the Blue Jays try to make it two in a row vs. the Bronx Bombers. Righty Jacob Waguespack gets the start for the Blue Jays, while the Yankees will have a bullpen day.