|Kevin Gausman threw 6.2 shutout innings in a 3-1 win over the Brewers|
After another tough loss due to a subpar start from a slumping Alek Manoah and Tim Mayza giving up a pair of untimely runs, the Blue Jays were looking to secure their 11th series win of the season. Kevin Gausman got the start with Tyler Heineman behind the plate. George Springer was back in the field after DH'ng yesterday. Vlad got the half day off as DH with Cavan Biggio at 1B. Could the Blue Jays notch their 11th series win of the season and end the homestand on a winning note? Here is today's game recap.
- The Blue Jays opened the scoring in the bottom of the 1st as Bo Bichette hammered a solo bomb to dead center
- Three batters later, Matt Chapman bashed a 2-run blast to the opposite field in right-center; also scoring Daulton Varsho
- Freddy Peralta pitching line: 6IP 6H 3R (all earned) 2BB 3K 85 pitches (57 for pitches)
- Kevin Gausman pitching line: 6.2IP 5H 0R 2BB 11K 115 pitches (74 for strikes)
- The Brewers got one back in the top of the 9th as Rowdy Tellez scored on a double play ball hit by Brian Anderson
- Jordan Romano got the last 3 outs for his 13th save of the season.
- Final score: Blue Jays 3 Brewers 1
- Kevin Gausman threw 6.2 shutout innings, scattering 5 hits while walking 2 and striking out 11. Gausman has been the Blue Jays most consistent pitcher and should receive all-star consideration
- The bullpen gave up a run on a hit and a walk over the final 2.1 innings. Erik Swanson threw 1.1 perfect innings.
- The Blue Jays hit a pair of home runs for 3 runs in the 1st inning and that was about it
- The Blue Jays were 0-6 with runners in scoring position
- Up next, the Blue Jays hit the road for the weekend, taking on the NY Mets. In 2021, the Mets took the season series 2-1, but the Blue Jays outscored the Mets 14-11. Chris Bassitt starts against Mets righty Justin Verlander