|Daulton Varsho hit the game winning sngle in a 1-0 extra innings win over the Mariners|
After snapping a seven game skid against the Mariners on the backs of a gutsy 5.2 inning effort from Alex Manoah and four perfect innings from the bullpen, as well as a clutch George Springer RBI single, the Blue Jays were going for their 6th straight win and 7th series win of the season. Kevin Gausman got the start with Danny Jansen behind the plate. Cavan Biggio was at 2B. Could the Blue Jays make it six straight wins and notch their 7th series win of the season? Here is today's game recap.
- Easton Mcgee pitching line: 6.2IP 1H 0R 1BB 2K 64 pitches (45 for strikes)
- Kevin Gausman pitching line:7IP 6H 0R 1BB 13K 108 pitches (74 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays walked it off in the bottom of the 10th as Daulton Carsho singled home
- Final score: Blue Jays 1 Mariners 0
- Kevin Gausman had another phenomenol start, firing seven shutout innings, scattering six hits while walking one and striking out thirteen. He retired 13 straight at one point. If the playoffs started next week, he'd be the game one starter for sure
- The bullpen held the Mariners to a 10th inning walk. Ex-Mariners righty Erik Swanson got credit vs. his old team
- The offemce was held in check until the 10th when unlikely hero Daulton Varsho singled home Vlad. The last two games the Blue Jays got to the Mariners bullpen that shut them down last season.
- It has not been a happy return thus far for Teo, who is now 0-8 with seven strikeouts. Plus, I'm sure he can't be happy his team has lost both games
- Up next, the Blue Jays go for their 7th straight win and 2nd series sweep of the season. Chris Bassitt gets the start against Mariners lefty Marco Gonzales