|Danny Jansen was 3-4 with 3 runs scored and 4RBI in a 7-0 shutout win over the White Sox|
After a solid win over the White sox Thanks to Cavan Biggio's go-ahead three run home run, the Blue Jays were looking to extend the win streak to 3 games and notch their fifth series win of the season. Jose Berrios got the start with Danny Jansen behind the plate. George Springer was back in the lineup in RF After the complete day off yesterday (he did enter the game last night in the 7th inning pinch-hitting for Cavan Biggio). Vladimir Guerrero Jr was back in the field after the half day off yesterday as DH. Brandon belt served as DH today. Could the Blue Jays extend the win streak to 3 games and notch their 5th series win of the season? Here is tonight's game recap.
- The Blue Jays opened the scoring in the bottom of the 2nd as Danny Jansen bashed a 3-run blast to left and into the Blue Jays bullpen; also scoring Matt Chapman and Brandon Belt
- The Blue Jays added a pair of runs in the bottom of the 4th as Kevin Kiermaier tripled home Jansen and Whit Merrifield
- A batter later, George Springer singled home Kiermaier
- Mike Clevinger pitchung line: 5IP 7H 6R (all earned) 3BB 3K 100 pitches (59 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays added a run in the bottom of the 6th as Jansen
- Jose Berrios pitching line: 7IP 4H 0R 1BB 9K 103 pitches (69 for strikes)
- Final score: Blue Jays 7 White Sox 0
- Jose Berrios threw 7 shutout innings, scattering 4 hits while walking 1 and striking out 9. That makes three solid starts in a row for the Blue Jays righty. Berrios had two forgettable starts to begin the season. He seems to have figured it out, allowing just 3 runs over his last 19 innnigs, including tonight.
- The bullpen threw two perfect innings. Nate Pearson pitched the 8th after being recalled due to Adam Cimber being placed on the 15-day IL with a rhomboid injury. It's nice to see Pearson finally healthy after barely playing with his own rash of injuries in recent years
- Danny Jansen had the hot stick tonight, driving in 4 runs and scoring 3 times, twice on his own home runs.
- Up next, the Blue Jays try to extend the win streak to 4 games and complete their 1st series sweep of the season. Yusei Kikuchi is on the bump against White Sox righty Michael Kopech