|Danny Jansen hit a clutch 2-run single as the Blue Jays came from behind to walk-off the Braves 6-5|
After a huge come-from-behind win over the Braves, the Blue Jays were going dfor 3 straight wins and their second sweep of the season. Yusei Kikuchi got the start with Danny Jansen behind the plate. Daulton Varsho was in CF and Whit Merrifield got the start in LF. Santiago Espinal was at 2B. Could the Blue Jays extend the win streak to 3 games and complete their 2nd sweep of the season? Here is today's game recap.
- The Braves opened the scoring in the top of thhe 1st as Ronald Acuna Jr. hammered a solo bomb to the second deck in left
- The Braves added a run in the top of the 2nd as Michael Harris II singled scoring Marcell Ozuna
- The Blue Jays got one back in the bottom half of the inning as Brandon Belt singled scoring Whit Merrifield
- Five batters later, Vladimir Guerrero Jr. singled home Danny Jansen and Santiago Espinal
- Collin McHugh pitching line: 1.2IP 6H 3R (none earned) 2BB 2K 49 pitches (29 for strikes)
- The Braves retook the lead in the top of the 3rd as Ozzie Albies smacked a 2- run jack to left and into the Blue Jays bullpen; also scoring Acuna Jr.
- The Braves added a run in the top of the 4th as Kevin Pillar bashed a solo jack to left and into the Blue Jays bullpen
- The Blue Jays got one back in the bottom half of the inning as George Springer whacked a solo blast to left
- Yusei Kikuchi pitching line: 4IP 9H 5R (4 earned) 0BB 7K 85 pitches (59 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays walked it off in the bottom of the 9th as Jansen singled scoring Guerrero Jr. and Matt Chapmam
- Final score: Blue Jays 6 Braves 5
- Yusei Kikuchi had a rough outing, giving up 5 runs (4 earned) on 9 hits while walking none and striking out 7. The Braves scored in every inning and took him deep three times. While Kikuchi is having a much better second season in a Blue Jays uniform, he is still prone to a bad start.
- The bullpen was great today, keeping the game at a run deficit. They gave up 1 hit, walked 4 and struck out 5 over 5 innings. Nate Pearson got credit for the win.
- Vlad needs to thank Matt Chapman, Brandon Belt and Danny Jansen for extending the game. The Blue Jays 1st baseman made a huge baserunning gaffe leading off the 9th inning by not hustling around the bases after he hit what he thought was a walk-off HR. Instead, Guerrero Jr. was held to a long single. Vlad can also thank the Braves SS Orlando Arcia for trying to throw him out at 3B instead of flipping to 2nd base on Brandon Belt's infield single to load the bases and set things up for Jansen
- Every Blue Jays starter reached base at least once and all but Chapman and Bo Bichette had at lease one hit
- Up next, the Blue Jays begin a four-game series at home against the Yankees. The Blue Jays took 2/3 from the Yankees at Yankee Stadium almost 2 months ago, outscoring the Yankees 13-5. Alek Manoah will start for the Blue Jays. The Yankees have not named their starting pitcher yet.