|Bo Bichette drove in a pair of runs in a 5-2 come-from-behind win over the Braves|
After a shutout win over Braves, highlighted by a complete game effort from Chris Bassitt, the Blue Jays were looking for their 2nd straight win and 9th series win of the season. Jose Berrios got the start with Danny Jansen behind the plate. The rest of the lineup was the same as last night. Could the Blue Jays make it two straight wins and 9 series wins on the season? Here is today's game recap.
- The Braves opened the scoring in the top of the 2nd as Marcell Ozuna drilled a 2-run blast to left; also scoring Eddie Rosario
- The Blue Jays got one back in the bottom of the 4th on a ground out by Whit Merrifield that scored Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- The Blue Jays tied the game in the bottom of the 5th as Bo Bichette singled scoring Kevin Kiermaier
- Bryce Elder pitching line: 5IP 5H 2R (both earned) 1BB 3K 95 pitches (60 for strikes)
- Jose Berrios pitching line: 5.2IP 6H 2R (both earned) 3BB 3K 101 pitches (65 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays took the lead in the bottom of the 7th as Bichette singled home Kiermaier
- A batter later, Guerrero Jr. scored on a sac fly by George Springer
- The Blue Jays added a run in the bottom of the 8th as Danny Jansen doubled scoring Whit Merrifield
- Jordan Romano pitched a perfect 9th for his 10th save of the season
- Final score: Blue Jays 5 Braves 2
- Jose Berrios battled through 5.2 innings, giving up a pair of runs on 6 hits while walking 3 and striking out 3. Berrios started the game well enough, retiring the first four batters he faced, but then gave up a 2-run no-doubter to Marcell Ozuna. The Braves had runners on the corner in thr 3rd inning with 1 out, but retired the next 2 batters on a strikeout and ground out to escape the jam. Not his best start, but did enough to keep the game close.
- The rested bullpen gave up a hit and 3 walks while striking out 3 over the final 3.1 innings. Erik Swanson was credited with his second win of the season. Jordan Romano was sharp. striking out a pair in a perfect inning for his 10th save of the season
- The Blue Jays got their runs on some smart base running from Vlad who scored on a pair of outs. They got a couple of runs from clutch RBI singles that drove in Kevin Kiermaier and Danny Jansen gave Romano a three-run cushion with an RBI double in the 8th
- The Blue Jays were 4-13 with runners in scoring position
- Up next, the Blue Jays try to extend their win streak to 3 games and complete their 2nd sweep of the season. Yusei Kikuchi starts against Braves righty Colin McHugh