No doubt Blue Jays hitters will be sad to depart Boston after absolutely obliterating Red Sox pitching with thirteen HR the last 2 days, including a Fenway Park record 8 HR yesterday. Vlad added to his league-leading total with his 21st yesterday. Teoscar Hernandez had two 3-run shots yesterday as well. Tonight, they faced Red Sox ace Nathan Eovaldi. Alek Manoah started his 4th career game. Reese McGuire was behind the plate. Vlad got the half day off as the DH with Rowdy Tellez at 1B. Randal Grichuk was back in the field (CF) after DH'ing yesterday. Could the Blue Jays make it three in a row vs. the Red Sox? Here is tonight's game recap.
- The Red Sox opened the scoring in the bottom of the 3rd as Alex Verdugo doubled scoring Enrique Hernandez
- Nathan Eovaldi pitching line: 6.2IP 3H 0R 1BB 4K 81 pitches (55 for strikes)
- Alek Manoah pitching line: 6IP 4H 1R (earned) 1BB 5K 93 pitches (59 for strikes)
- The Blue Jays tied the game in the top of the 9th as Vladimir Guerrero Jr. smashed a solo bomb to left-center
- The Red Sox walked it off in the bottom of the 9th as Rafael Devers singled home Verdugo
- It was a pitcher's duel today. Alek Manoah threw 6 strong innings, giving up 1 run (earned) on 4 hits while walking 1 and striking out 5. Manoah retired the 1st 4 batters he faced and struck out the side in his final inning, He looks like he'll be a solid starter for years to come
- A day after breaking Fenway Park's road team record with 8 HR, the Blue Jay bats were silenced by Red Sox ace Nathan Eovaldi, who threw 6.2 shutout innings, allowing just three hits while walking one and striking out 4. Vlad broke the shutout bid in the 9th with a solo shot, but the Blue Jays were unable to do anything else on this day.
- Marcus Semien saw his road hitting streak snapped at 25 games
- The Blue Jays were 0-3 with runner's in scoring position
- Up next, the Blue Jays head back home to face the Yankees for 3 games. Meanwhile, George Springer begins a rehab assignment as he nears a return to the lineup after missing all but 3 games with a strained quad and oblique injury suffered in spring training. The Blue Jays have won 6 of 9 meetings vs. the Yankees so far and have outscored the Bronx bombers 33-25. Tuesday's pitching matchup sees ace Hyun-Jin Ryu pitching against Yankees lefty Jordan Montgomery