Another Saturday night, another Tunes n' Tarot!
Before I get into this week's card, a couple of pieces of JITH business.
The results of the surveys is that almost half of the respondents wanted a party. The most popular days/times were Friday and Saturday at 8pm EST. Since the next two Fridays are holidays, as is next Saturday, how would everyone feel about Saturday Jan 2nd at 8pm EST? Let me know in the comments.
The other piece is an initiative Catcher has started where those of us who have had a good year financially assist other JITHers who are hurting. Tina was mentioned in particular by some commenters as someone who has done so much for our community who is in a tough situation. The link to donate is here. Tom Jackson posted the link in the last thread and we've already had some donations. Thanks so much!
On to the card. This week's card is the Ten of Bats - Bases Loaded. The batter has the responsibility of getting at least someone home. It's a lot of pressure. Will you come through? The clutch hitters know that the way forward is to focus on the moment, not do too much, and look for your opening.
So relax. Focus. Wait for the pitch and when it comes, make solid contact.
Questions to ask:
- What responsibilities am I carrying?
- Am I trying my best? If not, what keeps me from doing so?
- How do I handle times of great demands?
- What obligations have I sought to avoid? What duties intimidate me?
- In which areas do I know my limits? In which do I tend to overextend myself?
- Do I hold myself accountable for events that are out of my control?
- Am I taking things seriously enough? Too seriously? How am I preventing burnout?