Aaron Judge was 2-4 at the plate with 3 RBI and 2 runs scored as the Yankees routed the Blue Jays 9-1 on Saturday afternoon.
- Aaron Judge opened the scoring with a 2 run HR in the bottom of the 3rd that also scored Brett Gardener
- Steve Pearce got the Jays on the board in the bottom of the 5th with a single to left that scored Randal Grichuk
- Didi Gregorius extended the Yankee lead to 2 with a single to right scoring Gardene
- Judge extended the lead to three as Luke Maile dropped what should have been a force out with the bases loaded
- Miguel Andujar added two more runs with a double over the head of Kevin Pillar scoring Giancarlo Stanton and Aaron Hicks
- Gardener hit a sac fly to Pillar that scored Adujar
- The next batter, Judge, singled to left scoring catcher Austin Romine
- Marcus Stroman pitching line: 5.1IP 5H 8R (6 earned) 4BB 5K 94 pitches (55 for strikes)
- Jordan Montgomery pitching line: 6IP H4 1R (earned) 3BB 5K 91 pitches (54 for strikes)
- Final Score Yankees 9 Blue Jays 1
- Tough game for catcher Luke Maile defensively with 3 wild pitches and a dropped ball on a throw home by Stroman that should have been a force out. He was also 0-4 at the plate.
- Starter Marcus Stroman cruised through the first five innings but then the Yankees hit him hard in the 6th with a big 7 run, 12 batter innings, 6 runs which were the responsibility of Stroman. Overall, Marcus had good movement on his pitches and deserved a better fate today.
- Blue Jays hitters were cold today. They loaded the bases in the 5th inning but were unable to capitalize. The good thing about baseball is you can put a bad game behind you pretty quick as you generally play the next day.
- Up next, the Blue jays wrap up this four game series looking for the split as the Jaimie Garcia gets the start against Yankees ace Luis Severino